Monday, January 7, 2008

The Tale of the Portapotty

Once upon a time there was a portapotty that lived inside a cupboard sized bathroom where the sun never shone. One day a kindly hurricane passed over and liberated the portapotty from the up-ended camper van or perhaps the shattered mobile home where it had been confined. Happily the portapotty floated on the ocean, singing glad portapotty freedom songs. "Now I am free from creatures that pee," it sang as it danced on the waves.

Then one evening it washed up on to a sandy beach that faced west into the sunset. The portapotty said, "I will make this place my home. I will sit forever on this sandy beach, watching the sun go down while I think beautiful sunset thoughts".

Alas.

A dog happened upon the spot where the portapotty was cast high and dry by the turning tide. "Woah," said the dog. "What is this? A portapotty? How very convenient."



And he lifted his leg . . .







3 comments:

Henwhisperer said...

That is rich! Too funny!

Finished the draft of my novel and it's off to my editor friend today.

Sharon

Anna said...

Wow. I feel blessed for I have seen the portapotty in real life, in all it's finery!

I'm still pondering the moral of the story. I really want to know how all the, erm, more solid portapotty goodies emptied out through that tiny pink tube. Or did the portapotty have a makeover once it escaped?

Henwhisperer said...

I do believe that the, erm, solids left through the bottom (ohh...pun) and the pink tube was for fresh flushing fluids.